- Lean Six Sigma [LSS] is based on the principle; in order to deliver service and product excellence, firms must not only have an in-depth knowledge of their internal processes, but also have a profound understanding of customers current expectations and future needs.
- By creating a sustainable quality culture: Many processes can be introduced for very good strategic ROI.
- By bringing clarity to Invisible processes and enhancing control: Stringent Quality control can be applied to achieve the desired market quality of the product.
- By providing a corporate strategy for differentiation: Integrated corporate strategy with different processes in place can demonstrate the differentiation from the past to the current status of the organization.
- By becoming a world-class service or product provider at the lowest cost: For any product manufacturing or service provide company, reduced cost can bring very good and strategic ROI.
- By providing customers with what they value:The customers attraction can be accelerated by using LSS methods in execution.
- By reducing the hidden costs associated with poor-quality products or services: Basically the waste can be identified and when their control can be accelerated, the removal of poor-quality can be accelerated with better services along with the customer satisfaction acceleration.
- When an organization follows LSS methods: They can demonstrate all the above changes for different business domains.
- These activities can be applied in multiple domain areas. Then the perception of LSS can be applied only in Manufacturing domain can be vanished with the accelerated proven cases for an organization.
Conclusion: When the organization senses these symptoms by having all the above accelerated improvements, it can lead to the service excellence acceleration also. It can be part of the world class service organizations. Note: For any LSS support to your organization please contact me. I offer a free half day workshop [on web or F2F] for a corporate with prior schedule, to motivate and mentor your teams towards LSS practices activation. You can visit for my next LSS article: http://wp.me/p4umAl-7l
Background on writing this book:
Most of the data migration projects can happen through the incremental data loading or if they have redesigned any of their business applications data migration need to be verified to give confidence level to the business users. Sometimes it is a critical activity and risk involved towards certification of the migrated data for business.
Many of these project timelines are getting extended or some failures are happening due to lack of; knowledge, best practices and the experiences or following right approach.
To overcome on the above situations and to be proved as best IT professionals in front of the business user community, we need a methodology and the right approach to conduct successful data migration testing and certify the data for business.
This book has been written with 10 plus years of testing experience on this kind of projects by suggesting the feasible approaches, practices and easy teams handling with right and ontime delivery by involving business users also. It also can reduce the risks while doing continuous planning improvements.
Different charts or diagrams can help the reader to understand the process faster also. One of the charts presented below:
Some of the Contents are:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The scenarios of data migration
Chapter 3: Requirements Analysis
Chapter 4: Testing practices for data migration
Chapter 5: During data discovery phase
Chapter 6: Identifying the Business scenario based data
Chapter 7: Identifying the relevant data schemas
Chapter 8: Identifying the tables/queries/SPs, etc. on each of the Data schemas
Chapter 9: Planning for each Data schemas Extraction, Transformation and Loading to target Applications.
Chapter 10: Verifying the source and target data flows for business operation continuity.
Chapter 11: Conducting data verification and validation by QA/Testing team
Chapter 12: Planning
Chapter 13: The project approach
Now it is in cheaper price look into it if you are on the same practice.
If you feel these practices can be used by somebody please leave your comments after reading the book.